Whether you’re buying a new house or an older one, you’ll need a home inspection, and roof inspections are always included. The realtor may be the one to help you find a knowledgeable inspector with the right credentials, but be careful to scrutinize the report yourself.
What to Expect and Look for in an Inspection
Inspectors and prospective buyers should both be looking for the following things:
- Look for water stains, especially on the top floor. Check your home for these before selling. As for the home you’re looking to buy, a good plan is to try your best to do a walk through after a good rain (not too hard to do in the Seattle area).
- Remember where the chimney is located and check the walls for stains there too.
- Look into all the attic areas that aren’t exposed if at all possible and check for old stains. Insist on access with the realtor at a potential new residence.
- Check the inspection report for the age of the roof.
- Look over the house from a distance and check for any sagging in the decking.
Making the Final Decision
Once someone makes an offer for your home the deal may depend on you replacing your roof. If you think the inspector has made a bad estimate on the age of the roof or they found some stains from trouble that was already dealt with, you’ll be wise to get a second opinion. And if you want roof replacement for a home you’re considering buying, even if the inspection report says it isn’t necessary, another set of eyes can help you there, too.
Making Deals Happen with Roof Inspections in Bothell
Tile Pro Roofing can accomplish these inspections and offer their professional opinion to protect your investments. They can also make any necessary minor repairs that will help make the deal happen. Contact us today for roof inspection, service and repair.
Copper & Tile Roof Inspections For Over 20 Years in Bothell
Twenty years serving Bellevue, Bothell, Issaquah, Kenmore, Kirkland,Mercer Island, Redmond, Sammamish, North Seattle and Woodinville